From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alsamixer transparent, should submit feature to bugzilla?
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:32:59
1 On 26 Feb 2010, at 12:19, daid kahl wrote:
2 > ...
3 > My question is if anyone is going to accept this as a reasonable
4 > "feature" addition to alsa-mixer on the main portage tree. I assume
5 > perhaps not, but I can't really see almost any advantage of the forced
6 > black background. If you want a black background, I say run the
7 > terminal that way.
8 >
9 > I didn't make the patch, so I have no intention to take the credit
10 > myself, but I didn't want to look like a dunce on bugzilla, but I've
11 > never submitted a feature request that didn't make me look like a
12 > dunce, hence polling opinion here.
13 > ...
14 > https://www.prof-maad.org/blog/2009/11/11/transparent-alsamixer/
15
16 The first thing I would do is contact upstream (their -dev mailing
17 list?) and ask if they're aware of the patch. If know about it, but
18 refuse to integrate it they may be able to give a good reason.
19
20 Stroller.