From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix corruption?
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 05:55:33
1 On Tuesday 02 May 2006 22:41, JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] eix corruption?':
3 > After running eix-sync, I now get corrupted output. I no longer get the
4 > correct information in the ebuilds. This has happened to me a few
5 > times. Has this ever happened to anyone? Is there some quick fix?
6
7 This was caused by a change to the portage metadata format. I believe the
8 solution is to add 'PORTDIR_CACHE_METHOD="backport"' to your /etc/eixrc.
11 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
12 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
13 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
14 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh