From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo net work connection problem
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:04:54
1 Bob Bao wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi guys.
4 >
5 > I installed 2.6.16-gentoo-r7 on a x86 desk top computer.
6 >
7 > After reboot, I fond two problems.
8 >
9 > The net work connection lost. I run the /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start, get
10 > a eth0 does not exist error message. Is there any one can help me fix
11 > it. I need to download more tools for the basic operating system.
12 >
13 You don't have the driver for your network card loaded properly then.
14 If you configured it as a module (<M> in kernel config), then you need
15 to load the module on startup. If you configured it as built-in, then
16 you have the wrong one. Check what your card is, and try again.
17
18 > Another problem is when I run "rc -update" there is an error message "
19 > runlevel update is not existed" .
20 >
21 The command is "rc-update". No space.
22 > Thanks.
23 >
24 > Bob Bao
25 > bbao@×××××××.com