From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 03:50:16
1 On 12/20/2016 06:33 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > We don't have some
3 > committee on high pick a winner and tell all the maintainers that they
4 > all have to move from supporting x to supporting y.
5
6 Fair points across the board but this stood out to me. We *do* have
7 groups that, on some subset of the tree, exert what they feel to be
8 winners. QA, the KDE team, and GNOME team have all made formal
9 recommendations or requirements that they expect to see in ebuilds going
10 forward. QA is blessed by council of course, so they have a bit more
11 sway. But we're lying if we say we don't have committees making
12 decisions on packaging guidelines.
13
14 That's not the same as choosing a single package and telling every one
15 to scram, but we're not hands-off, either.
18 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
19 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
20 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6