From: Colt Jones <coltjones@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which NIC is which?
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:57:56
1 I usually do one of two things. Depending on the situation.
2
3 If both NICs are from the same vendor I install mii-tool and only plug in
4 one port. mii-tool will show link state. This when it negotiates it will
5 show output like:
6
7 eth0: negotiated 1000baseT-FD flow-control, link ok
8 eth1: no link
9
10 If the NICs are from different vendors I usally just do a ifconfig and grab
11 the MAC addresses of the cards. Then I Google for a mac lookup tool. The
12 first 6 digits of a MAC are vendor specific.
13
14 Hope this helps!
15
16 Colt