From: Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Moving a file using Python and Cron
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 17:47:15
1 I have a python (2.4) routine running on Gentoo Linux. It creates a file
2 and, after the file is complete, renames the file using Python's os.rename()
3 command. When I run the file from the command line everything works great,
4 but when I schedule the job to run from the crontab file, the original file
5 is created and populated, but the rename fails. I am using full paths for
6 both the original and destination file, and run the command line version
7 after I 'su' to the production account (named 'edith'). I am told by my
8 sysadmin that the cron jobs run as edith as well, so he does not think it is
9 a permission issue (he points out the original file is being created and
10 populated as expected...the rename fails)
11
12 Have any of you dealt with anything like this? It really has me scratching
13 my head.
14
15 Thanks,
16 --greg