From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: default stage3 (was : [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo still on the right path?)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:05:38
1 On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 21:33 +0900, Steve B wrote:
2 > WTF.. I'm getting ready to rebuild my gentoo box. I have always did a
3 > stage 1 install. i was under the impression that if u used a stage 3
4 > u couldn't muck with your CFLAGS or what not. If I'm forced to use
5 > canned binaries I might as well go with FC or Debian.. I've never
6 > listened to the "Gentoo is dead" comments.. but now who knows.. this
7 > is just crazy.. who came up with this stupid idea? from the sounds of
8 > it certianly not the Gentoo Community!
11 I think you haven't really read the discussions about this topic. As
12 long as you don't edit bootstrap.sh,
13
14 stage3->emerge sync->adapt make.conf, package.* files etc.->emerge -e
15 world
16
17 will just have the same effect as a stage1 install but
18
19 - faster
20 - with fewer pitfalls
21