From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel panics and more info
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:43:04
1 Dale wrote:
2 > walt wrote:
3 >> On 07/21/2011 01:18 PM, Dale wrote:
4 >>> Dale wrote:
5 >>> Using VESA, the screen was ALL
6 >>> messed up. It was mostly garbage to say it lightly. I also tried
7 >>> the nv driver again, all I got was a blinking cursor. I don't think
8 >>> it even tried to do anything.
9 >> If you have your opengl set to nvidia, you might try changing it back
10 >> to xorg-x11. "eselect opengl list"
13 > Thanks. I'm going to go shoot myself in the foot now. lol Let me go
14 > test this again.
15 >
16 > BRB
17 >
18 > Dale
19 >
20 > :-) :-)
23 I have now. Same thing tho. I tried both vesa and nv. I only have
24 this to select from tho.
25
26 root@fireball / # eselect opengl list
27 Available OpenGL implementations:
28 [1] nvidia *
29 [2] xorg-x11
30 root@fireball / #
31
32 I set it to xorg's but still the same. I even tried logging into KDE
33 but it was a mess.
34
35 Maybe I can just find me a different download tool for Seamonkey. See
36 if that works any better. Sure would like to nail this down tho.
37
38 Dale
39