From: Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Updating an old version of Gentoo
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 15:14:24
1 I have updated online several time over the past few years.
2
3 Do portage first; then GCC and the basic system utilities (glibc,
4 make, binutils, etc...)
5 If you need a new kernel, make it and then reboot.
6 I would then do OpenRC and the rest of the development chain.
7 Finally, anything else.
8
9 I have also done the chroot install and replace. The main complications it to
10 make sure that configurations for your system (passwd/group and others
11 from /etc)
12 get transferred over before you get too far into the installation into
13 the chroot.
14
15 Good luck. You may email me if you want more details.
18 Gregory "Wolfe" Woodbury
19 redwolfe@×××××.com