From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FAT32 USB not showing/mounting
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 03:02:12
1 On 12/16/14 01:37, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 >Am Sonntag, 14.12.2014 um 22:37
3 >schrieb Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> I have a USB stick with FAT32 file system, but when I insert the disk
6 >> it is not mounting on my desktop. No icon is showing up, why?
7 >
8 >Here comes the the magic formula, IIRC ;)
9 >
10 >Your user has to be in group plugdev.
11
12 Done.
13
14 >udisks USE flag for xfce-base/thunar must be set.
15
16 Yes, it was.
17
18 >The USB-device may NOT have a config line in /etc/fstab.
19
20 Correct, done.
21
22 >To enable/disable automounting look at thunars menu:
23 >edit -> settings -> advanced-settings -> volume-management (checkbox)
24
25 Yes, it is/was enabled.
26
27 When I insert USB stick formatted as FAT or ext3/4 the icon automatically appears on my desktop.
28 When I insert USB stick formatted as FAT32, nothing happens.
29 That is what is puzzling me.
32 Joseph