From: Jacques Montier <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xfce and screen resolution
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:27:47
1 Michael Sullivan a gentiment tapote:
2 > A few months ago my wife switched from gnome to xfce because gnome was
3 > just too slow. I performed the X upgrade on her computer last night, and
4 > now she can't get her usual screen resolution of 1024x768 because it's
5 > not on "the list". Is there a way I can get it on "the list"? She
6 > doesn't have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, as the upgrade guide
7 > recommended getting rid of it. Several sites on the 'Net suggested
8 > using the xf86Config file, but she doesn't seem to have one.
13 I upgraded to xorg-server-1.5 but i kept my xorg.conf with the Section
14 "Monitor", the ATI Section "Device" and Section "Screen".
15 In the Subsection "Display", i put the good screen mode for my monitor
16 (1600x1200 ).
17 Xfce works fine with the good resolution. You could try with 1024x768
18 resolution.
19
20 Cheers,
23 Jacques