From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Toggling wireless on eee without fn+f2
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 09:05:45
1 On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:40:27 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2
3 > I recall a reference, which I can't find anymore, to a method of
4 > toggling the wireless on/off for a EEE-PC that involved first,
5 > disabling wireless in the BIOS, and then echo'ing a 1 or a 0 to some
6 > file or other. Does anybody know the method I refer to? I can't
7 > remember the file or the complete command, just that it involves
8 > echo'ing a 1 or 0 somewhere.
9
10 There's a script to do this on the Wiki
11
12 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Asus_Eee_PC_701#Wireless
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "RAM DISK is NOT an installation procedure!"