From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting PYTHON_TARGETS in make.conf is not supported?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 15:11:52
1 On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 10:57 AM Grand Duet <grand.duet@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Just now I have tried to manually set
4 >
5 > PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6"
6 > PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_6"
7 >
8 > !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "app-text/asciidoc" has unmet requirements.
9 > - app-text/asciidoc-8.6.10::gentoo USE="-examples -graphviz -highlight
10 > -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="(-pypy) -python2_7"
11 > PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 (-pypy)"
12 >
13 > The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
14 > exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_pypy python_single_target_python2_7 )
15 >
16 > Does it mean that setting python targets in /etc/portage/make.conf is
17 > not supported any more?
18
19 No, it means that this setting doesn't work with asciidoc
20 specifically. I believe you'd need to override the setting for that
21 one particular package in package.env. Unfortunately that is a fairly
22 significant dependency that just about everybody doing this runs into.
23
24 Anytime you set a setting globally in make.conf there is the
25 possibility of needing to override it per-package if it causes
26 compatibility issues.
27
28 Personally I'd suggest just letting the profiles control everything
29 unless you really care what is going on with python. If you do care a
30 lot about what is going on with python, then you're probably are in a
31 better position to deal with errors like this.
34 Rich