From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] now in blocked packages hell. =\
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 17:51:40
1 On Sun, 06 Mar 2016 12:28:04 -0500, Alan Grimes wrote:
2
3 > Clearly, it is inconceivable that there is any possibility of updating
4 > any package on this system until these two packages are uninstalled. =\
5 > I mean, simply isolating the conflicting part of the package tree and
6 > updating everything that isn't affected by those packages makes no sense
7 > whatsoever and is a computationally intractable problem....
8
9 Maybe, but determining parts that are not affected and emerging them
10 (don't forget --oneshot) will reduce the package list and make it easier
11 to see what is going on.
12
13 > tortoise ~ # ./pretendupdate
14
15 We don't know what this does better to post the command that script runs.
16 It appears that command includes -v, better to run without it to avoid
17 useful information being buried in verbose irrelevancies.
18
19 > [blocks b ] <kde-apps/kde4-l10n-15.12.1
20 > ("<kde-apps/kde4-l10n-15.12.1" is blocking kde-apps/kde-l10n-15.12.1)
21
22 This appears to be the main culprit, I remember having to set
23 USE="minimal" for kde4-l10n when switching to KDE 5 some months ago. Set
24 that and the list of blockers will reduce to a manageable level, or even
25 zero if you're lucky!
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 Oxymoron: Reagan memoirs.