From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] logs in the browser?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 20:43:10
1 On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > On 24.02.2015 17:01, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 >> Seems like there should be a systemd-users mailing list, actually.
5 >> This sort of situation is completely distro-agnostic.
6 >
7 > Yes! And systemd-devel ml is always kind of "they will laugh at me and
8 > say ugly things!" ;-)
11 Honestly, I've never received treatment like this on the systemd lists
12 or irc channel. However, when I post there it tends to be about
13 specific bugs with details/etc. You're not really talking about
14 systemd development, but rather questions around best practices for
15 using it, discussion, etc. It would be like posting this thread on
16 gentoo-dev - it isn't the purpose of the list, but such discussion is
17 completely welcome here. If we were discussing an eclass change, on
18 the other hand, gentoo-dev would be the right place.
19
20 You might try asking on #systemd. That doesn't really have a defined
21 topic afaict, and discussion is a lot more free. Of course, the
22 downside to irc is you only hear from people online at the moment.
23 You might ask about a user mailing list.
26 Rich