From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "lvm failed to start"
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 10:24:37
walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:

> This is an ~amd64 machine, up to date as of today. The strange thing > is that lvm did *not* fail to start -- it's working perfectly. > > Now, being an Incorrigible Old Fart(TM) I'm still using openrc, and > who knows what evil lurks in that paleolithic package? :p > > Anyone else getting this (false) alarm during boot? >
I get lvm failed to start because it says file based locking does not work because the root file system is read only, but when it gets to default runlevel it tries again and starts it OK.] Weird. -- Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is: How do you spend it? John Covici covici@××××××××××.com