From: Shea Alterio <krusete@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Building kernel with floppy support
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 09:02:32
1 Hi everybody
2
3 I've got a mini form factor Pentium 4 I just acquired. I have a huge amount
4 of floppy disks to make backup images of as well as write to new floppies.
5 Yeah I know, floppies suck, but i thought i could use Gentoo on it to make
6 the process less painful. This is a plain internal floppy drive so not a
7 USB one. Do you need build any packages with floppy support or just make
8 sure it's in the kernel? When i was doing some googling to see if i would
9 have issues trying to do floppy stuff with the latest kernels, it seemed
10 like that could be a potential issue.
11
12 I will do my main compiling on my main PC then send it to the P4 to keep it
13 from burning itself up. haha.