From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems accessing gmail with pop3 using kmail/kontact
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:48:45
1 On Friday 22 June 2007, Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 22 June 2007 14:34, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 [snip]
5 > > I use it within kontact, and every second day or so I can no longer
6 > > access my gmail account using pop3. 'killall kio_pop3' tends to fix
7 > > this so I assume it's some kind of locking issue. But I also have
8 > > two other pop3 accounts where this does not happen, and I can
9 > > invariably get to gmail in a browser when kmail locks up.
10
11 [snip]
12
13 > I am using the stable kontact/kmail packages and do not have any
14 > problem accessing my gmail account. Assuming that yours is correctly
15 > configured and there are no network problems, I can only point the
16 > finger at the testing versions you are running.
17
18 <sigh> I was afraid of that...
19
20 > BTW, a couple of weeks ago I *did* have problems accessing Gmail,
21 > which I attributed to the gmail pop server. It only lasted a couple
22 > of days and since then popping Gmail has been trouble free.
23
24 Yes, I ran into that too, and the difference was that I couldn;t get
25 there in a browser either, but i'ts different this time
26
27 > It may be worth trying openssl to connect to Gmail on the command
28 > line to troubleshoot it, if you are still getting failures to
29 > connect.
30
31 Good, idea, I hadn't though of that.
32 Thanks
33
34 alan
37 Optimists say the glass is half full,
38 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
39 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
40
41 Alan McKinnon
42 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
43 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
44 --
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list