From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tethering an htc incredible
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:04:42
1 On Sat, Jun 18 2011, David Abbott wrote:
2
3 > If you open up wicd => Preferences => General Settings => Wired
4 > interface the defaultis eth0.
5
6 That is what I have. Are you suggesting I should change it to usb0?
7
8 > I did not have to manually create any symlink as I think wicd does any
9 > majic that is needed on its own.
10
11 > One think to consider is that your phone does not have tethering
12 > enabled, that your carrier has blocked it.
13
14 Ah. Does this mean that I will not even see the usb0 interface on linux
15 if I have not had my phone and service enabled for tethering?
16
17 I had thought that I could deal with any phone/verizon issues
18 only after I had the linux setup correct and the usb
19 interface was there.
20
21 thanks again,
22 allan