From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: "Space" opera
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 05:49:18
1 Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2
3 >Hi,
4 >
5 > my harddisk begins to sound a little "strange"...I fear I have to
6 > buy a new (bigger) one.
7 >
8 > When I have to copy my current / to another harddisk, which has a
9 > different physical layout of partitions and another overall size --
10 > how would I do this best (conserving as much of the information
11 > of the old root as possible)
12 >
13 > Is cp -a sufficient ?
14 >
15 > In this case is conservation of information more worth than
16 > performance for me.
17 >
18 > Thank you very much for any help in advance !
19 > gen2! :)
20 > mcc
24 That's how I do mine and I have done it several times. The only thing I
25 add is the v option. I like to see the stuff scroll by.
26
27 Dale
28
29 :-)