From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommendation: well linux-supported inkjet printers
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:15:12
1 On Sep 22, 2005, at 10:32 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
4 > On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:21:56 -0300
5 > Norberto Bensa wrote:
8 >> Try to stay away from Lexmark printers.
9 >>
10 >> --
13 > Ironic.
14 >
15 > IBM spin off Lexmark in 1991
16 >
17 > IBM subsequently become big Linux supporters.
18 >
19 > Lexmark don't give a toss about linux.
20 >
21 > Such is life, thank goodness for HP.
22 >
23 > Oh and I also notice that Brother do Linux support:
24 >
25 > http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/index.html
26 >
27 > Haven't fully been able to ascertain how "open" it is.
28
29 I have to add here that I got a samsung laser printer the other day
30 for less than $100 and it has windows, mac, AND linux drivers on the
31 cd. works extremely well.
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list