From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lockdown: free/open OS maker pays Microsoft ransom for the right to boot on users' computers
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 19:53:46
1 On 2012-06-02 15:12, Florian Philipp wrote:
2
3 > According to [1] it is SHA-256 and RSA-2048. If I understand it
4 > correctly, there are means to blacklist compromised keys. That's
5 > why
6
7 Just curious, how is a "compromised" key supposed to be blacklisted?
8 Does the bios contact Microsoft, or is it through some other mean (via
9 OS which means it needs to have some sort of service to check for this
10 blacklist)? Smells like trouble to me... :-/
11
12 Best regards
13
14 Peter K