From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 02:48:32
1 Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 >
3 > Huh? USE="firmware-loader" is optional and enabled by default in
4 > sys-fs/udev
5 > Futhermore predictable network interface names work as designed, not a
6 > single valid bug filed about them.
7 >
8 > Stop spreading FUD.
9 >
10 > Looking forward to lastrite sys-fs/eudev just like
11 > sys-apps/module-init-tools already was removed as unnecessary later on.
15 So your real agenda is to kill eudev? Maybe it is you that is spreading
16 FUD instead of others. Like others have said, udev was going to cause
17 issues, eudev has yet to cause any.
18
19 Dale
20
24 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!