From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?] MTRR and PAT
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 20:03:31
1 On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 4:15 AM, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > Andrey Falko wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 3:49 AM, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
5 >
6 >> What kernel version are you using? How are you compiling your kernel
7 >> (i.e. with genkernel or manually)? If you are manually compiling your
8 >> kernel, can you send us your .config file?
9 >
10 > gentoo-sources-2.6.23-r9, manually compiled.
11 >
12 Try 2.6.24, I'm afraid that your video might be too new for 2.6.23.
13 > Config file attached.
16 Here are my comments your config:
17
18 -In General Setup: Try choosing SLAB allocator.
19 -Your Bus Options look good.
20 -I'm 80% sure that you are not supposed to have /dev/agpgart enabled
21 since you are using PCI-Express....I have a PCI-Express system and I
22 have it disabled. Actually, I don't have anything enabled under
23 "Graphic Support". Since you are using Radeon, I think you might need
24 to enable Direct Rendering Manager, then choose Radeon.
27 > Thanks!
28 >
29 > Best regards
30 >