From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel vs kernel manual compilation
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:07:55
1 On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:41:19 -0400
2 Ryan Sims wrote:
3
4 > On 8/31/07, Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net> wrote:
5 Hi,
6 > > Really, I like to read people's opinion about genkernel, but no one
7 > > has tried to answer my question yet.
8 >
9 > In my first reply, I suggested looking at a diff between your config
10 > and genkernel's config. How did that turn out?
11
12 Mmm... I though I answered that.
13 at conceptual level, I did a gunzip and moved original 2.6.12
14 genkernel's /proc/config.gz to .config and then, make oldconfig in new
15 2.6.21 sources dir (/usr/src/linux link dir).
16
17 So, I should do a diff between my new .config after make oldc onfig,
18 and currently config generated by genkernel... but has it sense? I
19 mean, what differneces could be between them? does genekenrel something
20 differnet to make oldconfig?¿
21
22 I must reboot my server for checking it, but I cannot do it now... I'll
23 come back with the diff ASAP.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Arnau