From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No mouse on Lenovo T400
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 01:10:11
1 On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 11:34:34PM +0100, Mick wrote
2
3 > Run 'usbdevices' on the other distro to see what driver it uses,
4 > or perhaps diff the two kernel configs in case you missed something.
5
6 Thanks. That got me going on the right track. I eventually traced it
7 down to "Device Drivers ==> Input device support" in "make menuconfig".
8 There are 2 entries to select for mice; "Mouse interface" and "Mice".
9 The original defaults had "Mice" selected, but not "Mouse interface".
10 Mind you, they had "Support for memoryless force-feedback devices" and
11 "Touchscreens" selected; go figure. Selecting "Mouse interface" and
12 rebuilding the kernel solved my problem.
13
14 Next... has anyone gotten icewm-1.4.2 to not crash? I simply cannot
15 get it to run on any of 4 Gentoo machines. I've given up and migrated
16 one over to Fluxbox. The others are being held back at 1.3.2 and
17 package-masking newer ICEWM ebuilds. If nothing pops up soon, I'll have
18 to move them over to Fluxbox.
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
22 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications