From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wireless: Limit rate to strengthen connection?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:53:28
1 I'm trying to strengthen a wireless connection that spans about 150
2 feet and has to go through about 5 walls. I bought two of these:
3
4 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833164110
5
6 for either end of the connection, but I'm having trouble making it
7 work well. I've noticed the connection will be perfect for a short
8 time, but then disappear. When watching iwconfig during this process,
9 it looks like the connection is good when on a low rate, but when it
10 goes to 54 Mbps it falls apart.
11
12 Should limiting the rate solve this problem? If so, how can I do
13 that? I'm using hostapd on the AP and wpa_supplicant on the client.
14
15 - Grant
16 --
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list