From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Openvz Vserver
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:31:52
1 On 11.04.2012 01:14, siefke_listen@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > i have Vserver from Strato. I want installed Gentoo, because i like Gentoo.
4 > I have found two Howtos, but what i not really understand, what is with the
5 > Kernel and Grub, i can nothing read there. Or understand i something wrong?
6
7 Be aware that you are then using Gentoo on a shared server and that you
8 will have great impact on the performance of the other users on the host
9 if your are not careful.
10
11 I was once contacted from strato because of the high load I put on the
12 server but then I changed /var/tmp/portage to tmpfs and added
13
14 PORTAGE_NICENESS="19"
15 PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND="ionice -c 3 -p \${PID}"
16
17 to make.conf and after everyone was happy.
18
19 Greetings
20
21 Sebastian