From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Restrict certain web users by IP
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:51:15
1 On 11/29/12 11:55, Grant wrote:
2 > > You originally wanted "...logins from certain users to be from a
3 > certain IP address"
4 > > Now, you want from "any IP" In this case just restrict users with:
7 > > AuthName "restricted stuff"
8 > > AuthType Basic
9 > > AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/users
10 > > require user webmaster
11 > >
12 > > Just assign "password and user" from root:
13 > > # htpasswd2 -c /etc/apache2/users your-user-name
14 >
15 > I'm sorry I haven't been clear about this. Sometimes an example is the
16 > best way.
17 >
18 > I want users jack and jill to be able to access the web content from
19 > any IP address, and I want users john and jacob to be able to access
20 > the web content only if they are coming from a certain IP address. I
21 > don't want anyone else to have access.
22 >
23 > - Grant
24
25 For this I think you need to use IPtables, apache will not filter outgoing traffic.
28 Joseph