From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: blank consoles after X starts
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 00:50:53
1 William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I have a machine thats sudeenly lost its console sessions. I dont think
3 > its the kernel as the config looks ok, and it *used to work*. Its fine
4 > on bootup, but once X starts, switching to a console just gives a blank
5 > screen.
6 >
7 > Its a radeon video card using the radeon driver if that makes a
8 > difference
9
10 Which Radeon? If it's an R500 chip (X1000 series) I had the same
11 problems on AMD64. I fixed it by upgrading to xf86-video-ati 6.9.0.