From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CVS problem
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:20:23
1 On 10/17/05, gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > Hi all,
7 >
8 > I just set up cvsd using the Wiki How-To here:
9 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_CVS_Server. Nice little How-To, and I
10 > seemed to get every thing set up fine. I was able to import the first
11 > module with the :pserver: protocol, but then decided that I should go
12 > with the SSH modification instead. So, I went through, added my user
13 > to the cvsd group, changed the CVSROOT to user the :ext: protocol.
14 > Now when I try to export the module, I get a permission denied error!
15 >
16 > charlie@localhost's password:
17 > cvs server: cannot open /root/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied
18 > Cannot access /root/CVSROOT
19 > Permission denied
20 >
21 > Here's the perms on the file:
22 >
23 > charlie@gentoo / $ ls -l /var/lib/cvs/root/CVSROOT/config
24 > - -rwxrwxr-x 1 cvsd cvsd 4082 Oct 17 13:15
25 > /var/lib/cvs/root/CVSROOT/config
26 >
27 > I'm in the group, the permissions should be right. Why isn't this
28 > working?
31 Check the directory perms too.
32 -Mike
36 Michael E. Crute
37 Software Developer
38 SoftGroup Development Corporation
39
40 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
41 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"