From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] avahi/mdns-nss and ipv4/ipv6 while pinging
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 22:14:01
1 On 06/28 09:04, Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 28 June 2018 17:55:12 BST tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I am "dicovering" (what a great word :) the IP address of my Raspberry
6 > > Pi now via ahavi/nss-mdns.
7 > >
8 > > When pinging my PC on my Raspberry Pi I get the IPv4-address (good!) -
9 > > when pinging my Raspberry I only get the IPv6-address(wierd-looking) . The
10 > > commands are identical.
11 > >
12 > > ifconfig on my Raspberry shows me, that the interface gets a ip4 and a
13 > > ipv6 address.
14 > >
15 > > What do I need where to tweak to get ipv4 address shown when pinging?
16 > >
17 > > Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
18 > > Cheers
19 > > Meino
20 >
21 > ping -4 -c 3 <IP address>
22 >
23 > --
24 > Regards,
25 > Mick
28 Hi Mick,
29
30 thanks for your help! :)
31
32 But...sorry I asked not exactly enough (no native speaker).
33
34 I dont want to change the ping options...I am searching for
35 a global setting, which seems to different on both machines,
36 since the output of an unaltered ping call on each of them
37 produces different output...
38
39 What config should I modify?
40
41 Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
42 Cheers
43 Meino