From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I lost the ability to boot into single user
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:23:05
1 On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > I used to specify this:
3 >
4 > softlevel=boot
5 >
6 > in the Grub screen to boot to single user. However, this doesn't work
7 > anymore; it boots right into the "default" runlevel. I think this happened
8 > after I upgraded to GCC 4.4.1 (and rebuilt system and world with it, and
9 > also the kernel.)
10 >
11 > What can the problem be? What is needed for "softlevel=" selection to work?
12
13 According to Wolfram Schlich in bug 213988:
14
15 "softlevel= as a kernel parameter will be replaced by rc_runlevel= in OpenRC
16 0.2.2 and higher"