From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Manual pages (man pages) have ESC all through them when having used sudo.
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 06:20:21
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 02/28/2010 05:57 AM, ubiquitous1980 wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> If I have logged in through sudo such as $ sudo su, when I then use man
7 >>> pages, they are covered in "ESC". This does not occur when using normal
8 >>> user accounts or the root account through su. Wondering what is going
9 >>> on. Thanks.
10 >>>
11 >> Some ENV variables are unset by sudo.
12 >>
13 >> But anyway, "sudo su" makes zero sense :P
17 > sudo su makes sense if you want to use the root account while having the
18 > root account locked. Some, like Ubuntu, do it for security reasons.
19 > Not sure if they are valid, but I thought I would put this little
20 > problem out there for someone to make comment on.
24 I don't use sudo or su but I have seen this a time or two. I have no
25 clue why tho. It was a while ago but I was in a console at the time. I
26 usually use a Konsole within KDE. I don't recall ever seeing this
27 problem there.
28
29 I was curious but never thought is would be more than just me that saw this.
30
31 Dale
32