From: Al <al@×××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distcc and crossdev, anyone?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:06:52
1 On Friday 17 December 2010 22:56:29 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I've bought (against my better judgement) an Atom N270 box to be a LAN
5 > server, but it's a bit slow compared with the other boxes on the
6 > network. A big bit, actually - 69 minutes to compile a kernel compared
7 > with less than 9 minutes on this workstation.
8 >
9 > I thought I'd give distcc a go, but after reading the Gentoo distcc and
10 > crossdev guides and doing what they say I get no result. I might just as
11 > well not have made the effort. The Atom box just labours with the emerge
12 > without trying to send anything to the server box I've set up for the
13 > purpose.
14 >
15 > Are the Gentoo guides up to date?
16 Hi I have a N270 netbook and use crossdev and distcc.
17 It is definately usefull but for doing a kernel compile I havn't tried it.
18 Do you see any improvement when using for emerges.
19 Whats your setup like
20
21 Al