From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: replacement for ftp?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 02:54:27
1 Am Mon, 15 May 2017 21:47:17 +0100
2 schrieb lee <lee@××××××××.de>:
3
4 > > Depending on what data is transferred, you should also take into
5 > > account if your solution is certificated to transfer such data. E.g.
6 > > medical data may only be transferred through properly certificated
7 > > VPN appliances. Otherwise, you should fall back to sneakernet. I'm
8 > > not sure how that is any more secure but that's how things are.
9 >
10 > Interesting, who certifies such appliances?
11
12 I really never asked... ;-) Maybe I should...
15 > What if I, as a patient,
16 > do not want my data transferred that way,
17
18 See your words below: "nobody in Germany actually cares"... So you
19 won't be asked because it's secure by definition (as in
20 "certification"). ;-)
21
22 The old transport was ISDN. But that is being shut down.
23
24 Or did you direct your concern to sneakernet transmission? I doubt that
25 such data would even be encrypted... Although it clearly should.
28 > and how do I know if they
29 > didn't make a mistake when certifying the equipment?
30
31 That's German bureaucracy: It has the certificate stamp, so it's okay.
32 The technical internals do not matter: Nobody asks for that after it's
33 been certified.
36 > It's not medical data, and nobody in Germany actually cares about
37 > protecting peoples data anyway. The little that is being done towards
38 > that is nothing but pretense.
39
40 We are servicing a medical laboratory: They take this certification
41 very seriously, so at least they care to fulfill the requirements.
42 However, we do not control that: After the initial setup they do most
43 configuration by themselves and we only deliver equipment now. As far
44 as I know, they cannot even freely choose the provider on their side of
45 the connection. And they are managing their internal network by
46 themselves, we wouldn't be easily allowed to do that.
47
48 Usually, as a IT service company, you would also sign a non-disclosure
49 contract when working for a company handling sensitive data. But only
50 few companies seem to know that...
54 Regards,
55 Kai
56