From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde:3.5 how to phase out
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:49:04
1 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'd like to phase out KDE:3.5. One reason is, that I cannot install
5 > both, 3.5 and 4.2 without using 'prefix'.
6 >
7 > For doing so, I need to find out which (installed) packages use which
8 > parts of KDE:3.5. Is there something better than unmerge all of KDE:3.5
9 > and let revdep-rebuild find out.
10 >
11 > Furthermore, how to unmerge all of KDE:3.5, e.g.
12 > emerge --unmerge kde-base/kde-meta:3.5
13 > does not work.
14 >
15 > Many thanks for a hint,
16 > Helmut.
20 Did you install by using kde-meta or some of its friends? If so,
21 unmerge the meta package then run emerge -p --depclean and make sure you
22 are not loosing anything you want to keep, then run revdep-rebuild to
23 make sure all is still sane.
24
25 Also, you can remove anything kde 3.5 in your world file, then run
26 depclean to remove it. Keep in mind that the world file supports
27 version specific lines now.
28
29 I'm sure some other guru will come along with other ideas but one of
30 those should work. May not be perfect but is anything ever perfect?
31
32 Dale
33