From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd as drop-in replacement for udev?
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 10:46:49
1 On Fri, December 6, 2013 08:53, Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Just remove "init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" from your kernel command
4 >> line, and you can boot your old openrc installation (if you did un
5 >> unmerge it)
8 > That should mean: ..if you did not unmerge it.
12 It doesn't seem that simple from the wiki-page on how to switch to systemd:
13 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Systemd
14
15 In the "conflicts" section there is mention of having to change syslog-ng
16 and cryptsetup.
17
18 I don't have a Gentoo box in front of me to check, but I think "udev" and
19 "systemd" can not be installed simultaneously.
20 Was this changed?
23 Joost