From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gigabyte and controlling fans
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:13:49
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 10:57 on Tuesday 14 December 2010, Neil
2 Bothwick did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:15:21 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 > > > You're assuming the problem was with HAL rather the the drivers of the
6 > > > hardware it was trying to work with...
7 > >
8 > > So the PS/2 drivers have been working for years and all of a sudden hal
9 > > comes along and breaks them? Then on top of that, removing hal AND
10 > > using the same kernel results in the PS/2 ports working again. Logic
11 > > tells me it was hal, not the kernel.
12 >
13 > Me too, but you can't know for definite, so you can't really say that
14 > your system has been problem free using everything built in, after all,
15 > very few people experienced your HAL issues. You seem to have had almost
16 > as much trouble with it as Dave Bowman.
19 "I'm sorry, Dale. I'm afraid I can't do that. This rig is too important for me
20 to allow you to jeopardize it."
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com