From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Multiple architectures for portage CFLAGS?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 05:43:48
1 Hello,
2
3 I have encountered a problem maintaining my system using revdep-rebuild. I
4 have both gcc-3.4.6 and gcc-4.3.2 installed on my machine. I mainly use
5 gcc4, but sometimes I need g77 because many people at my laboratory use
6 fortran code that is not compliant with gfortran standards.
7
8 However, I have an Intel duo Core machine, so I usually have the CFLAG
9 march=core2, but this is not supported in gcc3. Thus, if I need to rebuild
10 gcc3 during revdep-rebuild, I have to do most of the updates by hand so that
11 I can turn on an older march setting for gcc3 (such as march=nocona).
12
13 Is there some way to set specfic CFLAGS for different gcc installs? Is my
14 method of manually having different architectures for different gcc
15 installations a risk?
16
17 Regards,
18 daid