From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Installing adobe flash on 64bit arch
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:32:55
1 On 03/11/2010 01:13 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > I see in the amd64 FAQs this:
3 > ==============================
4 > Can I get Adobe Flash working?
5 > Yes. Just emerge adobe-flash. Adobe has provided a 64-bit Flash
6 > plugin starting with version 10.0.22.87. If you don't need the 32-bit
7 > plugin, then run echo "www-plugins/adobe-flash -32bit">>
8 > /etc/portage/package.use. This will install only the 64-bit Flash
9 > plugin.
10 > ==============================
11 >
12 > So that I am clear, why would I want to install flash with both the
13 > 32bit and 64bit USE flags?
14
15 If you have both 32-bit as well as 64-bit browsers installed.
18 > If there is no reason for both flags, then
19 > should I be disabling the 32bit globally or are there other
20 > circumstances that mean I should only set it so for this package?
21
22 The 32bit flag is not global. It's only defined and used by the flash
23 ebuild.