From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] An alternative keyboard layout is lost
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:08:18
1 On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 11:28:00 +0100
2 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > On Sat, 18 October 2014, at 11:10 am, gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > …
7 > > I have found out that my problem with xfce4 keyboard plugin
8 > > reduces to the fact that now I cannot choose Russian Winkeys
9 > > alternative keyboard: there is no such option in the corresponding
10 > > keyboard layout settings. So, I have to choose Osetinian Winkeys
11 > > alternative keyboard as it is appears to be the next best choice:
12 >
13 > Could you possibly post your /etc/locale.gen please?
14
15 Excluding comments, it is like this:
16
17 en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
18 en_US ISO-8859-1
19 ru_RU.KOI8-R KOI8-R
20 ru_RU.UTF-8 UTF-8
21 ru_RU ISO-8859-5
22 ru_UA.UTF-8 UTF-8
23 ru_UA KOI8-U
24 uk_UA.UTF-8 UTF-8
25 uk_UA KOI8-U
26
27 I have not changed this file since installation of Gentoo
28 about 15 months ago.
29
30 Yet a few days ago I had no problem with my Russian keyboard
31 layout and still have no problem with my Ukrainian keyboard
32 layout.