From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: flag details
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 15:17:08
1 Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7 <at> gmx.de> writes:
4 > > A tool with perhaps more detail or that parse the ebuild/sources
5 > > for even greater detail information?
6
7 > I was out of country so couldn't read mail the last few days.
8
9 > My answer to your question: ufed
10 > This program seems very little known around the list. It doesn't give you
11 > more detail than euse, but it shows you what is available in an easy to
12 > view (and edit!) list.
13
14 Very cool! Nice format.
15
16 Like I wrote previously, a greater granularity of information too. Maybe
17 something that parses out runtime and compile time information related
18 to the flag settings, even if it only works after a given package
19 is installed.
20
21 Maybe a preprocessor (parser) that diffs the code that is to be
22 compiled, with and without a given flag selected? Or at leaast
23 references additional code.
24
25 Other ideas for the basis of an advance mechanism is of interest to me.
28 thx,
29 James