From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replace 8TB drive with 10TB drive on encrypted LVM
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 16:37:31
1 On 14/09/2022 14:55, Dale wrote:
2 > I see the point but wasn't aware there was more than one way to do it
3 > with cryptsetup.  It seems there is several options for this.  I was
4 > pretty sure LVM was on bottom and mentioned it in my original post.
5 > After reading your post, I got to wondering, did I do this the right
6 > way?  So, I started looking to see how to tell for sure.  I used several
7 > LVM type commands but didn't see anything that I recognized anyway.
8 > Keep in mind, I'm not real sure what I'm looking for either. Then I ran
9 > lsblk -f and found a clue that I've never noticed before.
10
11 https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Asking_for_help#lsdrv
12
13 Try running this utility. Note that it's written in Python 2, and
14 unfortunately doesn't work with Python 3 ...
15
16 It'll tell you EXACTLY what you've got, provided it knows about the sort
17 of layers. (It certainly knows about raid and LVM, probably LUKS too ...)
18
19 Cheers,
20 Wol