From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: No progress indicator in bootsplash
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:07:21
1 Sebastian Günther wrote:
2 > * Nikos Chantziaras (realnc@×××××.de) [16.07.08 17:55]:
3 >> Sebastian Günther wrote:
4 >>> * Nikos Chantziaras (realnc@×××××.de) [16.07.08 15:02]:
5 >> Thanks for helping in tracking down this issue. Here's /etc/conf.d/splash:
6 >>
7 >> SPLASH_VERBOSE_ON_ERRORS="no"
8 > try turning this to yes, maybe there are some error messages that are
9 > missed.
10
11 I went back to troubleshoot this. I *must* have been blind; during the
12 INIT stage, there was a warning that /dev/tty1 is missing (/dev gets
13 mounted too late for fbcondecor to access it). I've created it manually
14 (mknod tty1 c 4 1) and it works now :P
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list