From: Crayon Shin Chan <crayon.shin.chan.uk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Force app to use specific outgoing ip address?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:52:33
1 I have a gateway machine with a single NIC but several virtual IP
2 addresses. I have several instances of apache running, each bound to
3 listen on their own virtual IP address. All the instances of apache are
4 running in proxy mode. What is happening now is that all the apache
5 instances use the 'main' IP address for all outgoing connections.
6
7 What I would like is for each instance of apache to use their own virtual
8 IP address for outgoing connections. Is it possible to rig iptables to
9 achieve this? And how would I do this?
10
11 NB I'm open to solutions using proxies other than apache.
12
13 thanks
14 --
15 Crayon