From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting CFLAGS for a single build
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:47:22
1 dhk writes:
2
3 (Could you please stop top posting, and put your answers below the quoted
4 part, or, even better, between the parts you quote selectively? This
5 makes it easier to follow the discussion. Thanks!)
6
7 > I tried it, but I still can't step into the libxml2 library functions.
8
9 That's too bad.
12 > Alex Schuster wrote:
13 > > dhk writes:
14 > >> Does this mean the source was removed after the emerge? If so how
15 > >> can I keep the source.
16 > >
17 > > Try adding "nostrip" to your FEATURES.
18
19 Um, I meand -nostrip, as I wrote in the example below. But I just tried
20 for myself - I see the -g2 (multiple times), but after building,
21 stripping takes place, even with the one-time FEATURES=-nostrip emerge -1
22 libxml2 approach:
23
24 strip: i686-pc-linux-gnu-strip --strip-unneeded -R .comment
25 usr/lib/libxml2.so.2.6.31
26 usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libxml2mod.so
27 usr/bin/xmllint
28 usr/bin/xmlcatalog
29 usr/lib/libxml2.a
30 usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libxml2mod.a
31
32 You might want to have a look at
33 <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml>, this explains how to
34 get debug information. There is a splitdebug FEATURE which is better than
35 using nostrip.
36
37 But I still do not know why it doesn't work for you. I'd look at the
38 emerge output and check what happened to the libraries when they were
39 built, just after the "Completed installing" message.
40
41 Wonko
42 --
43 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list