From: "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Boot Gentoo to clean windows
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:53:35
1 On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:18:57 +0100
2 "Dirk Heinrichs" <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Am Donnerstag, 27. März 2008 schrieb Florian Philipp:
4 >
5 > > Is it really necessary to run an anti-virus on linux? I just want
6 > > to hear some opinions on that topic because I thought security
7 > > fixes for your software are the way to go for fighting virae on
8 > > linux.
9 >
10 > The main purpose is to remove virae from _Windows_ drives. You boot
11 > from a Linux LiveCD, like german c't magazin's "Knoppicillin",
12 > mount your NTFS partition(s) and clean them.
15 Or to catch & remove a virus before it reaches the Windows machines -
16 say with a Linux file or email server on a network w/ Windows
17 machines.
20 Conway S. Smith
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list