From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Local mail server
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 23:25:56
1 On 8/7/20 2:06 PM, james wrote:
2 > Here is an short read on the acceptance and usage of IPv6:
3 >
4 > https://ungleich.ch/u/blog/2020-the-year-of-ipv6/
5 >
6 > So, yes I am working on using IPv6, with my RV/mobile-lab.
7
8 I think that IPv6 is a good thing.
9
10 But I would be remis to not say that IPv6 is somewhat of a black sheep
11 in the email administrators community.
12
13 You still effectively must have IPv4 connectivity to your email server,
14 lest a non-trivial percentage of email fail to flow.
15
16 I also know of a number of email administrators that are specifically
17 dragging their feet regarding IPv6 because there hasn't yet been
18 critical mass use of IPv6 /for/ /email/.
19
20 In fact, some of the early IPv6 adopters for email are spammers. So
21 some administrators stim this tide by being exclusively IPv4.
22
23 I think dual stack for email servers is great. (Deal with the spam.)
24 But being exclusively IPv6 on an email server is going to be problematic.
25
26 I'm focusing on email servers because that's what this thread had
27 largely been about.
32 Grant. . . .
33 unix || die