From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] grub -> gummiboot: good
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 21:21:26
1 Just wanted to share that I switched from booting via grub2 to gummiboot
2 ... UEFI only now, sure.
3
4 Back then it was quite a hassle to get my grub2-setup working, back then
5 I had software raid and LVM and stuff ... today with my btrfs-only
6 installations it was a very quick learning process.
7
8 Just one boot from sysresccd to get the paths right ... on the 2nd
9 machine I got it right at the first time.
10
11 Removed grub already and cleaned up my setup ... nice.
12
13 Additionally I adjusted my kerninst.conf (one more pointer to Canek's
14 helpful tool kerninst at [1]) to write the correct loader-entries ...
15 works as well already.
16
17 No actual experience with dual-booting windows or so ... but according
18 to the docs that should work out as well.
19
20 ..
21
22 I am now into checking [2] : just curious how minimal an fstab could get.
23
24 Just some recommendation ... if someone is installing gentoo onto a
25 clean UEFI-system, gummiboot might be easier to use than grub2 imo.
26
27 Stefan
28
29 -